A challenging fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County and North Lake Tahoe
Date: Saturday, May 18, 2013 – Nevada City, California
Routes: The Mountain Bike Endurance Ride offers two routes:
- 50 Miles of demanding, technical trails, mostly single track
- 45 Miles of moderately technical trails, mostly single track
The 50 mile route follows a beautiful loop out of Nevada City on local trails, including the incomparable South Yuba Trail. The route is comprised of approximately 80% single track, 7,000+ feet of climbing and stunning views of the South Yuba River. It is one of the most memorable and challenging rides you’ll do this year, on road or dirt. This route is a tough ride, roughly equivalent to a difficult road century. It is best suited for advanced, fit mountain bikers. Last year, most participants completed the ride in 7-8 hours.
The 45 mile route is less demanding, but also follows some of the best trails in the area.
For a more detailed description of the trails, click here (PDF).
Please note that although there are well stocked food stations on the routes, this is largely a self-supported ride that covers some remote terrain in isolated areas of Nevada County.
New this year: There will be shorter routes available for those riders who want to support this great cause but are not prepared for the endurance routes. Please contact Kelli in our office to make arrangements for your route after you register following the instructions below: email@example.com or (530) 265-2059.
This is a ride, not a race
This is a charity ride, so each rider is expected to collect at least $250 in sponsorship donations. We also have event sponsors that help offset the costs of the ride. All proceeds raised at this event support our valuable mentoring programs for at-risk children in the Nevada County and North Lake Tahoe region.
- Call Rick Kalb at 530-470-1800
- A registration packet will be mailed or emailed to you.
- Complete the registration form mailed to you and submit per instructions.
- Start collecting pledges! Please note that we have set up a way for our riders to collect pledges online to facilitate their fundraising efforts. To do so, all you need to do is follow the steps outlined in your registration packet. For more information on collecting online pledges, contact Kelli at Big Brothers Big Sisters: 530-265-2059 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to support the event, but can’t ride in it? Then become an Event Sponsor! Contact our office for details: 265-2059.
“Great ride. It was my first time and I’m already looking forward to next year. Thanks for putting it all together.” – West Bourgault
“That ride was awesome and I will admit challenging on a single speed. I was amazed with all the good free stuff in that bag and the food at your house was first rate. I want to thank you for the opportunity to ride as well as your hard work and generosity. I am certainly game for the ride next year. Hopefully I will catch you on the trails or at a race soon. Thanks again.” – Josh Hughes
“Thanks for putting together such a great ride for such a worthy cause.” – Mike Carville
“Thanks very much for a fantastic ride yesterday! Very well organized and supported. Excellent post-ride festivities! I look forward to next year” -Jeremy Zorne